Last Updated on June 29, 2023 by Ralph Nyadzi
The best content writing tips for SEO include the need to get to know your audience, research your topic’s keywords, write a head-turning headline, use your unique authentic voice, and directly answer your readers’ questions.
But the above SEO content writing tips are far from being the complete list of the best content writing ideas for achieving a blog’s search visibility goals.
In this post, I will show you a treasure trove of content writing tips for SEO from some of the most authoritative blogs and websites on the subject of SEO content writing.
So if all you are looking for is an extensive list of brief content writing tips for both beginners and experienced bloggers, then you are in the right place.
The Importance of SEO in Content Writing
So, why is it necessary for every content creator to give a special place to SEO in their work? Well, here is the short answer I found at the Digital Marketing Institute.
Concise Tips on Content Writing for SEO
As usual, I agree with you that this is not the time for beating about the bush. All we want to know is exactly what to do with our blog posts so that they can rank as high as possible on Google.
Without further ado, let’s find out the best pieces of advice regarding blog post writing for SEO. Are you ready? Let’s get it done.
Here are the essential content writing rules according to Rock Content.
- Write for Humans. And stop writing for robots.
- Next, you need to understand the latest happenings in the Google Algorithm. Take it or leave it, there is little your content or mine can do without following what Google wants.
- Make sure to find and use the right keywords correctly.
- Link to high-quality websites only.
- Structure your posts properly. One way to do this is to make good use of subheadings.
- Write catchy headlines.
Just four key points on content writing for SEO from Titan Growth will make a big difference on your blog.
- Write headlines that are clear, interesting and rich in keywords
- Use Pinterest-optimized graphics and others to make the posts rich in imagery.
- Avoid artificial link-building methods. Instead, use more natural internal and external links.
- Post each new article on social media sites and forums.
Another website whose tips on content writing for SEO I found to be extremely valuable is Zerys.com. In the post 7 Quick Tips for Improving Your SEO Content Writing, the author argues that since 90% of consumers will choose from the first few pages retrieved by a search engine such as Google, it only makes a lot of sense for a blog’s content to be optimized for easy search engine visibility.
Here are some of the tips I really think you should take seriously.
- Let your keyword appear in the first sentence of the article. Make sure to bold it.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. In other words, do not use your keyword too many times in your content. Ensure also that your keywords are evenly distributed across the blog article. Keyword stuffing hurts SEO really bad. Yes, it does.
- Focus on writing evergreen content. Make your content be the one that is relevant not only today but also tomorrow.
- Go for geo-specific key phrases. They will make your content stand out of the crowd.
Convince & Convert
Yet another set of content writing tips for SEO that I would recommend to you is this one coming from a website going by the name Convince & Convert.
So what is Convince and Convert’s take on the best practices in content writing for SEO? Let’s find out.
- Choose topics that have the ability to target multiple keywords. It is a smart way of driving as much traffic as possible through search. Call it killing multiple birds with a single stone.
- Focus on improving readability. That is if you truly want your web pages to attract more readers, increase engagement rate and rank well on Google and other search engines. Here are a couple of steps that can help make your blog posts more readable.
- Write shorter sentences
One to three-sentence paragraphs are better than bulky ones with lots and lots of sentences.
- Let the active voice dominate. Use less passive voice if you can.
- Edit your work for basic grammatical errors.
It is pretty much clear that almost every authority website that has something to say about content writing tips for SEO is more or less rehashing the same points.
However, the fact remains that there are multiple angles to each one of these SEO content writing techniques. And each one of them is worth exploring.
This is why I would urge you to find out what PepperContent has to say about the important topic of SEO in digital marketing.
You can begin here with this quick list of PepperContent’s own SEO Content Writing Techniques You Must Know.
- Do proper keyword research.
- Write for humans.
- Organize your content. Don’t just write and leave it like that.
- Remember to use both internal linking and external linking.
- Prioritize meta information. Let key phrases appear in the title and make them unique.
- Publish new posts regularly and consistently.
Looking at the above content writing tips for SEO, you will realize that writing search-engine-optimized blog posts is not rocket science after all. All you need is a willingness to follow the above simple guidelines for SEO writing.