DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links.
Click here to read the full statement of our affiliate disclaimer.
Do you plan to sit for the WASSCE Literature-in-English paper in the near future?
Are you hoping to be a WASSCE candidate in Nigeria or you will register for your WASSCE for private candidates in Ghana?
Whether you will sit for the examination in The Gambia, Liberia or Sierra Leone, the WASSCE Literature-in-English syllabus is basically the same.
You can download or print the PDF version of this important post by clicking on the appropriate icon a few steps below.
You might also like:
It is even so for those of you in the United States, South Africa and other parts of the world.
THE MONEY CONVERTER
Instantly check the Nigerian Naira (NGN) equivalent of the Ghana Cedi (GHS). And other world currencies too!
Probably, you’re a parent targeting any one of the following years for your ward to sit for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). I believe this is a good opportunity for you to note the prescribe texts your ward needs to be studying right now.
You can now have the complete, unadulterated list of all the texts you need to study for your Literature-in-English paper.
You will find below the prescribed Literature-in-English prose and drama texts for WASSCE 2021 – 2025.
Recommended for You:
WASSCE LITERATURE-IN-ENGLISH: 2021 – 2025
- Let Me Die Alone by John K. Kargbo
- The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- Look Back in Anger by John Osborne
- Fences by August Wilson
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE DRAMA (Compulsory – Objective Test only)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Second Class Citizen by Buchi Emecheta
- Unexpected Joy at Dawn by Alex Agyei Agyiri
- Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte
- Invisible Man by Ralph Elison
- Black Woman by Leopold Sedar Senghor
- The Leader and the Led by Niyi Osundare
- The Grieved Lands by Agostinho Neto
- The Song of the Woman of My Land by Oumar Farouk Sesay
- Raider of the Treasure Trove by Lade Wosornu
- A Government Driver on His Retirement by Onu Chibuike
- The Good Morrow by John Donne
- Caged Bird by Maya Angelou
- Journey of the Magi by T. S. Eliot
- Do Not Go Gentle into that Good Night by Dylan Thomas
- Binsey Poplars (felled 1879) by Gerard Manley Hopkins
- Bat by David H. Lawrence